Toshiba Servo Motor Repair
Toshiba servo motor repair and refurbishment is a challenging and unique process. Servotech offers repair services for all Toshiba motor repair types, from simple refurbishments to complicated repair and retrofit jobs. Servotech offers some of the industry’s latest equipment and processes, and we are ready to provide expert repairs for your AC or DC Toshiba servo motor.
Servotech uses proper Toshiba factory information, and other forms of viable data, in the repair of your servo motor. Simply running is not good enough – a servo motor must work properly under load and perform to its expected standards. Our fast servo motor repair services are designed to deliver the highest quality results, and we will repair your Toshiba servo motor to “like-new” condition. Our Toshiba servo motor repair procedures often follow these steps:
1. Evaluation of Your Toshiba Servo Motor
We inspect all electrical and mechanical parts on your servo motor, looking at:
- Connector condition
- Housing & bearing fits
- Worn seals
- Defective O-rings
- Worn output shafts
- Corroded and/or broken flanges
- Integrity of cables
An unlabeled Toshiba we checked in for repair, and then the completed motor with new cables, and verified nameplate information.
2. Toshiba Repairs
We manufacture or repair any problems with your Toshiba servo motor that we found during our evaluation, and fix parts that do not meet the factory specifications. Often we:
- Retrofit old or faulty connectors with newer style, high quality connectors.
- Re-manufacture new Toshiba servo motor parts using the old parts and factory dimensions for reference.
- Repair all windings. Both AC servo motor windings and DC servo motor armatures are washed, baked and tested.
- Repair or replace servo motor brush holders and Bake-O-Lite insulation tubes on DC Brush Toshiba motors.
An old worn out Toshiba. We rebuilt the motor, changed the cables, installed upgraded connectors, and gave the mating connectors to the customer for their drive cables.
3. Preliminary Testing
Throughout the assembly process each Toshiba servo motor repair is meggered constantly with tests including:
- Test to confirm no grounded electrical parts in the servo motor are grounded.
- Surge test AC brushless servo motor stators to at least 1500 volts.
- After the baking process, perform a bar to bar test on DC servo motor armatures. This test will show if there are any shorts or opens in the winding.
- Toshiba servo motor alignment.
4. Toshiba Servo Motor Assembly
After repair and preliminary testing, your Toshiba servo motor is reassembled. Our servo assembly process often improves the internal motor components, with:
- High-grade sealed bearings – we feel that each Toshiba servo motor repair will last longer with sealed bearings, because the seals prevent contamination from getting into the bearing races and destroying the surfaces prematurely.
- Double lip seals in the front flange – these seals protect the internal components of the servo motor from coolant.
- Each Toshiba servo motor is evaluated to determine the best sealing strategy. New O-rings, gaskets, state-of-the-art epoxies and sealants are used to protect from liquid contamination.
- Two-part epoxy coating is used for an added protection – the same coating used on Navy submarines.
A defective encoder, and some of our stock encoders used as replacements.
5. Final Testing on Toshiba Drives
The final step in the Toshiba servo motor repair process is to run your motor on a servo drive just like the one in your machine. Because Toshiba is not as common as some of the larger servo motor manufacturers, our final testing department constantly updates its data and knowledge about Toshiba versions and variances. We love unique or rare motors at Servotech, and every servo motor we repair must meet our rigorous standards. We own a huge selection of Toshiba drives, including new drives, in order to test our servo motor repairs.
6. Name Plating
Before shipping, Servotech makes all new name plates for each of our servomotor repairs. These new name plates include all the original data from the motor, as well as Servotech’s name, job number, and date codes. This gives customers traceability in regards to their servo motor repair.